- Founder and owner of award-winning Pyramid Homes
- Lifelong Republican. He stands for low taxes, small government, and the power of the free market
- Former appointment to the Texas Commission on Human Rights by Gov. Perry
- Well-known community servant with many non-profit local and State boards
with focus on supporting children, mental health access, interfaith dialogue, and the local economy
- Served as a volunteer chaplain with Tyler PD and Smith County Sheriff’s office
- honored with numerous awards including TB Butler and MLK Award
- Graduated with an Engineering degree from Texas A&M and a Master’s in business from the University of South Carolina
- Served as an adjunct professor at UT Tyler in construction management
- Married for 35 years with 3 grown children
Smith County Priorities
Anwar has been a longtime friend and supporter of local law enforcement, including serving as a chaplain. Our community is a better place because of the strength of local law enforcement.
Smith County is growing and voters passed a bond that allows us to strengthen our infrastructure. Anwar will work with taxpayers and State agencies to maintain our roads and bridges.
You can’t spend what you don’t have. Anwar is committed to small government which means he is committed to keeping our taxes low.
Anwar has spent decades supporting access to mental health. He will be an advocate for continued growth in mental health services in the County such as hiring a dedicated officer to assist with mental health issues of inmates, community partnerships, and supporting awareness and access programs.
The County has the historic opportunity to rebuild our beloved courthouse and redesign the Downtown Square for the next generation. As a professional builder, Anwar is committed to building the new Courthouse with an eye toward budget and design.
Anwar is committed to supporting animal control in our County. He will strengthen policies that support our local animal shelter to keep our community safe.
Smith County is divided into 4 precincts. Use this map to see if you live in Precinct 2. And make plans to vote for Anwar in the Republican Primary on March 1, 2022.
Paid for by Khalifa for Commissioner Campaign
Robert Patterson, Treasurer